Polish Citizenship 727-538-4171

Polish Citizenship, Obywatelstwo, Polski Paszport, Polish Passport, Polski, Prawnik, Adwokat, Agnieszka Piasecka, Immigration

Main Menu Piasecka Law Polish Attorney

Polski prawnik adwokat Florida

Attorney Agnieszka “Aga” Piasecka, Polish Immigration Lawyer / Attorney, Florida USA



Polish Immigration Lawyer Polski Prawnik Imigracyjny U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Green Card, Polish Citizenship, Attorney, Lawyer, Agnieszka Piasecka, Aga Piasecka, Piasecka, Florida, USA

Office Location / Adres biura / Dirección de oficina: 

13575 58th St. N. Clearwater, FL 33760

Polish Immigration Lawyer Polski Prawnik Imigracyjny Attorney, Polish, Agnieszka Piasecka, Aga Piasecka, Clearwater, Florida, Polish Citizenship

Polish Immigration Lawyer / Attorney Agnieszka “Aga” Piasecka

Attorney Agnieszka “Aga” Piasecka was born in Poland, immigrated to the US, obtained her Green Card then her United States Citizenship. Aga Piasecka, Esq. has experienced the United States Immigration process first hand and has the knowledge and experience to assist you in obtaining your Green Card and United States Citizenship.

Attorney Agnieszka Piasecka graduated from Law School in Poland and in Florida, United States. Agnieszka Piasecka, Esq. obtained her Juris Doctorate Cum Laude from Stetson University College of Law in Florida and her Masters Degree in Law with Honors from Jagiellonian University in Poland. She also studied International Law in Holland. Attorney Agnieszka Piasecka is a licensed attorney / lawyer in the USA and in Poland with more than 20 years of combined legal experience in Poland and USA and two Law Degrees from Poland and Florida. She is fluent in Polish, English and Italian and can assist you with your immigration needs in the USA, obtaining a Polish Passport and confirming your Polish citizenship.

Adwokat Agnieszka „Aga” Piasecka urodziła się w Polsce, wyemigrowała do USA, uzyskała zieloną kartę, a następnie obywatelstwo amerykańskie. Agnieszka Piasecka, Esq. osobiście doświadczyła procesu imigracyjnego w Stanach Zjednoczonych i ma wiedzę i doświadczenie, które pomogą Ci w uzyskaniu Zielonej Karty i obywatelstwa Stanów Zjednoczonych.

Adwokat Agnieszka Piasecka jest prawnikiem na Florydzie oraz w Polsce. Agnieszka Piasecka uzyskała tytuł doktora prawa z wyróżnieniem w Stetson University College of Law na Florydzie oraz tytuł magistra prawa z wyróżnieniem na Uniwersytecie Jagiellońskim w Polsce. Studiowała również prawo międzynarodowe w Holandii. Adwokat Agnieszka Piasecka jest licencjonowanym adwokatem / prawnikiem w USA z ponad 20-letnim łącznym doświadczeniem prawniczym w Polsce i USA oraz dwoma tytułami prawniczymi z Polski i Florydy. Mecenas Agnieszka Piasecka mówi biegle po polsku, angielsku i włosku i może pomóc Ci w imigracji do USA, uzyskaniu paszportu polskiego i potwierdzeniu obywatelstwa polskiego.

Polish Immigration Lawyer Polski Prawnik Imigracyjny Attorney, Lawyer, Polski, Adwokat, Prawnik, Opinie, Reviews, Florida

Agnieszka Piasecka’s Client Reviews:

Polish Immigration lawyer in Florida, Agnieszka “Aga” Piasecka, has an excellent reputation in Florida and in Poland. As you can see by her reviews, Agnieszka Piasecka’s clients are consistently impressed by her performance in the courtroom and her knowledge of the law in Florida and in Poland.


Polish Immigration Lawyer Polski Prawnik Imigracyjny Avvo, Clients, Choice Award, Reviews, Opinie, Agnieszka, Aga, Piasecka, Polish, Lawyer, Attorney, Opinie klientów, Best, Najlepszy, Polskojęzyczny, Prawnik, Polski, Adwokat, Florida, Floryda, USA


Immigration Lawyer in Florida, Agnieszka “Aga” Piasecka’s, Avvo Clients’ Choice Award

The independent attorney rating service, Avvo, gave Agnieszka Piasecka its Clients’ Choice Awards for the most highly rated attorneys in the country. Avvo is an attorney rating service that has ratings, reviews, and disciplinary records for lawyers in every state. Its purpose is to help people get legal advice, find the right lawyer, and make informed legal decisions.

How the Avvo Rating is calculated

The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. The model used to calculate the rating was developed with input from hundreds of attorneys, thousands of consumers, and many other legal professionals who deeply understand the work attorneys do. The Avvo Rating reflects the type of information people have identified as important when looking to hire an attorney.

100+ Five Star Reviews

Selections for the Clients’ Choice award are made based on the number and quality of ratings and reviews an attorney receives by clients they have personally represented. The Clients’ Choice Award is reserved for attorneys, who receive a significant number of 5-star reviews on Avvo. Attorney Agnieszka “Aga” Piasecka has received more than 100 five star reviews and recommendations.

Polish Immigration Lawyer Agnieszka, Aga, Piasecka, Polish,Lawyer, Immigration, Attorney, Polski, Prawnik

Polish Citizenship – Questions and Answers 

How is Polish citizenship acquired?

The main way of acquiring Polish citizenship is the right of blood (ius sanguinis), i.e. by birth to parents, at least one of whom has Polish citizenship, regardless of the child’s place of birth in Poland or abroad. Polish citizenship can also be acquired through the right of birthplace (ius soli), but only if the child is born or is found in Poland, and both parents are unknown or their citizenship is undefined, or they do not have any citizenship. Polish citizenship is also acquired by a child adopted by a person or persons having Polish citizenship, if the adoption took place before reaching the age of 16. Additionally, the President of the Republic of Poland may grant Polish citizenship without any restrictions to any foreigner, upon his request.

Can I apply for Polish citizenship on the basis of the mere fact that my parents are Polish?

As a child of Polish citizens, you are a Polish citizen, provided that at least one of your parents had Polish citizenship at the time of your birth. Therefore, you can apply for confirmation of Polish citizenship on the basis of the citizenship of one of the parents.

Do I have to undergo a Polish language and civics test to obtain confirmation of Polish citizenship?

No. The Polish language and civics test is not required to obtain confirmation of Polish citizenship.

How can I obtain confirmation of Polish citizenship?

In order to obtain confirmation of Polish citizenship, you must submit a written application in Polish and provide relevant documents confirming that at least one of your parents was a Polish citizen at the time of your birth (for example, the parents’ Polish birth certificate or copy of their Polish passport or Polish ID card), documents confirming your identity (e.g. passport) and your birth certificate.

Do the documents needed to confirm Polish citizenship have to be originals?

Yes. The application should be accompanied by originals or certified copies. When applying for Polish citizenship on the basis of the citizenship of the father, a certified copy of the parents’ marriage certificate is also required. All documents in a foreign language must be translated into Polish by a sworn and licensed Polish translator or confirmed by a consul. Additionally, some documents will require an apostille certification.

Where can you submit an application for confirmation of Polish citizenship?

The application for confirmation of Polish citizenship is submitted to the consulate, which has jurisdiction over your place of residence together with the consular filing fee or directly to the Office of the Masovian Voivode in Warsaw (if the applicant has never lived in Poland), or at the voivodeship office competent for the applicant’s last place of residence together with the filing fee. The application must be written in Polish.

Can I apply for a Polish passport after receiving a decision confirming my Polish citizenship?

If you were born outside of Poland, before applying for a Polish passport, you will first have to register your American birth certificate and marriage certificate in Poland, if you are married.

How long will I have to wait for a Polish passport and confirmation of Polish citizenship?

The waiting time for a passport from the moment of applying for confirmation of Polish citizenship to appointing a passport visit is currently at least several months.

I am a Polish citizen and I have an expired Polish passport. What can I do to renew it?

You have to apply in person at the Polish embassy or any Polish consulate.

Can I get a renewal of my Polish passport by mail?

In order to obtain a new Polish passport, you must be fingerprinted by a consular officer. For this reason, it cannot be done remotely by mail.

I live in Florida. Where can I get my Polish passport renewed?

Florida residents generally fall under the jurisdiction of the Polish Embassy in Washington but  you can apply for a passport at any consular office in the US.

Is confirmation of Polish citizenship required before renewing my Polish passport?

If your Polish passport has been expired for many years and you cannot present any other proof of Polish citizenship, which may be, for example, a valid identity card, or if for any other reason there is a doubt whether you are still a Polish citizen, you will also have to apply for confirmation of Polish citizenship.

Which documents should be attached to the application for confirmation of Polish citizenship submitted in order to renew an expired Polish passport?

The application should be accompanied by, inter alia: a notarized and apostille-certified copy of your current foreign passport with personal data, issuance and expiration date, as well as the name of the issuing authority or another valid document confirming your identity and citizenship; a copy of your birth certificate containing your name(s) and surname, date and place of birth and your parents’ details, a copy of your marriage certificate and/or other official document confirming the change of personal data, if such a change has occurred, page of your invalid Polish passport with personal data, issuance and expiration date, as well as the name of the issuing authority or your expired Polish ID card. In the absence of any such a document, one of the other documents should be presented, such as: a page with personal data, issuance and expiration date, as well as the name of the issuing authority of a valid or invalid Polish passport or a Polish ID card of one of your parents; certification of Polish citizenship of one of your parents; a certificate of the last place of residence in Poland with a note on the issued ID card or a certificate of the last place of residence of one of your parents with such note; Polish military book issued to you or your father; or any documents issued by Polish authorities or institutions, e.g. Polish school certificates, Polish insurance card, Polish employee ID, Polish driving license, child’s health book, etc.

Can I have Polish citizenship without renouncing American citizenship?

Yes. A Polish citizen may have citizenships of other countries. To obtain a Polish passport, you are not required to renounce the citizenship of other countries.

Polish Immigration Lawyer Polski Prawnik Imigracyjny Adwokat, Imigracyjny, Zielona Karta, Obywatelstwo, USA 6

Obywatelstwo Polskie – Pytania i Odpowiedzi

W jaki sposób nabywa się polskie obywatelstwo?

Główną drogą nabycia obywatelstwa polskiego jest prawo krwi (ius sanguinis), tzn.  poprzez urodzenie z rodziców, z których co najmniej jedno ma obywatelstwo polskie, bez względu na miejsce urodzenia dziecka w Polsce czy za granicą. Obywatelstwo polskie można również nabyć poprzez prawo ziemi (ius soli), ale tylko w przypadku, gdy dziecko urodzi się lub zostanie znalezione w Polsce, a oboje rodzice są nieznani lub obywatelstwo ich jest nieokreślone, bądź nie mają żadnego obywatelstwa. Obywatelstwo polskie nabywa również dziecko adoptowane przez osobę lub osoby posiadające obywatelstwo polskie, jeżeli przysposobienie pełne nastąpiło przed ukończeniem 16-tego roku życia. Dodatkowo, Prezydent RP może nadać polskie obywatelstwo bez żadnych ograniczeń każdemu cudzoziemcowi, na jego wniosek.

Czy mogę starać się o obywatelstwo polskie na podstawie samego faktu, że moi rodzice są Polakami?                                              

Jako dziecko polskich obywateli, jesteś obywatelem Polski pod warunkiem, że przynajmniej jedno z Twoich rodziców posiadało obywatelstwo polskie w momencie Twojego urodzenia. Możesz ubiegać się zatem o potwierdzenie posiadania obywatelstwa polskiego na podstawie obywatelstwa jednego z rodziców.

Czy do uzyskania potwierdzenia obywatelstwa polskiego trzeba poddać się testowi z języka polskiego i wiedzy o Polsce?

Nie. Do uzyskania potwierdzenia obywatelstwa polskiego nie jest wymagany test ze znajomości języka polskiego i wiedzy o Polsce.

W jaki sposób można uzyskać potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego?

W celu uzyskania potwierdzenia obywatelstwa polskiego należy złożyć pisemny wniosek w języku polskim oraz przedstawić stosowne dokumenty potwierdzające, że przynajmniej jedno z rodziców wnioskodawcy było obywatelem polskim w chwili jego urodzenia (na przykład polski akt urodzenia rodziców lub ich kopia polskiego paszportu lub dowodu osobistego) oraz dokumenty potwierdzające tożsamość (na przykład paszport) oraz akt urodzenia wnioskodawcy.

Czy dokumenty potrzebne do potwierdzenia obywatelstwa polskiego muszą być w oryginałach?

Tak. Do wniosku należy dołączyć oryginały dokumentów lub ich kopie potwierdzone / certyfikowane urzędowo. W przypadku ubiegania się o obywatelstwo polskie na bazie obywatelstwa ojca, wymagany jest także akt małżeństwa rodziców. Wszystkie dokumenty w języku obcym muszą być przetłumaczone na język polski przez tłumacza przysięgłego lub potwierdzone przez konsula. Dodatkowo, do niektórych dokumentów będzie potrzebna klauzula apostille.

Gdzie można złożyć wniosek o potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego?

Wniosek o potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego składa się w konsulacie właściwym dla miejsca zamieszkania wnioskodawcy wraz z opłatą konsularną lub bezpośrednio do Urzędu Wojewody Mazowieckiego w Warszawie (w przypadku jeżeli wnioskodawca nigdy nie mieszkał w Polsce), albo w urzędzie wojewódzkim właściwym dla ostatniego miejsca zamieszkania wnioskodawcy  wraz z opłatą skarbową. Wniosek musi być napisany w języku polskim.

Czy po uzyskaniu decyzji o potwierdzeniu obywatelstwa polskiego mogę wystąpić o polski paszport?

Jeżeli wnioskodawca urodził się poza granicami Polski to przed wystąpieniem o polski paszport, będzie musiał najpierw zarejestrować w Polsce swój amerykański akt urodzenia i akt małżeństwa, jeżeli jest w związku małżeńskim.

Jak długo czeka się na paszport polski i potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego?

Czas oczekiwania na paszport od momentu wystąpienia o potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego do wyznaczenia wizyty paszportowej to obecnie co najmniej kilka miesięcy.

Jestem obywatelem polskim i posiadam przeterminowany polski paszport. Co mogę zrobić, aby go odnowić?

Wniosek o nowy polski paszport należy złożyć osobiście w ambasadzie lub konsulacie RP.

Czy mogę odnowienie paszportu polskiego załatwić listownie?

W celu uzyskania nowego paszportu polskiego należy poddać się pobraniu odcisków palców przez urzędnika konsularnego. Z tego powodu nie można tego załatwić drogą listowną.

Mieszkam na Florydzie. Gdzie mogę załatwić sprawę odnowienia paszportu polskiego?

Mieszkańcy Florydy generalnie podlegają właściwości ambasady RP w Waszyngtonie, ale o paszport mogą ubiegać się w jakiejkolwiek placówce konsularnej w Stanach Zjednoczonych.

Czy przed odnowieniem polskiego paszportu wymagane jest potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego?

Jeżeli polski paszport podlegający odnowieniu jest przeterminowany od wielu lat i wnioskodawca nie może przedstawić innego dowodu posiadania obywatelstwa polskiego jakim może być na przykład ważny dowód osobisty lub jeżeli z jakiegokolwiek innego powodu istnieje wątpliwość czy wciąż jest obywatelem polskim, to przed odnowieniem przeterminowanego paszportu będzie musiał również wystąpić o potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego.

Jakie dokumenty należy dołączyć do wniosku o potwierdzenie obywatelstwa polskiego złożonego w celu odnowienia przeterminowanego paszportu polskiego?

Do wniosku należy dołączyć między innymi: poświadczoną notarialnie i opatrzoną certyfikatem apostille kopię aktualnego paszportu zagranicznego z danymi osobowymi, terminem wydania i terminem ważności oraz nazwą organu wydającego lub inny ważny dokument stwierdzający tożsamość i obywatelstwo wnioskodawcy; odpis aktu urodzenia, zawierający imię/imiona i nazwisko, datę i miejsce urodzenia wnioskodawcy oraz dane rodziców; odpis aktu małżeństwa i/lub inny dokument urzędowy potwierdzający zmianę danych osobowych, jeżeli taka zmiana nastąpiła; stronę nieważnego polskiego paszportu wnioskodawcy z danymi osobowymi, terminem wydania i terminem ważności oraz nazwą organu wydającego lub Pana nieważny polski dowód osobisty. W przypadku braku takiego dokumentu, należy przedstawić jeden z innych dokumentów, takich jak: stronę z danymi osobowymi, terminem wydania i terminem ważności oraz nazwą organu wydającego ważnego lub nieważnego polskiego paszportu albo polski dowód osobisty jednego z rodziców wnioskodawcy; poświadczenie obywatelstwa polskiego jednego z rodziców wnioskodawcy; zaświadczenie o ostatnim miejscu zameldowania w Polsce z adnotacją o wydanym dowodzie osobistym albo zaświadczenie o ostatnim miejscu zameldowania jednego z rodziców wnioskodawcy z taką adnotacją; polską książeczkę wojskową wydaną wnioskodawcy lub jego ojcu; lub jakiekolwiek dokumenty wydane przez polskie organy lub instytucje, np. polskie świadectwa szkolne, polską legitymację ubezpieczeniową, legitymację pracowniczą, polskie prawo jazdy, książeczkę zdrowia dziecka itp.

Czy mogę uzyskać obywatelstwo polskie jednocześnie nie zrzekając się obywatelstwa amerykańskiego?

Tak. Obywatel polski może posiadać obywatelstwa innych krajów. Aby uzyskać polski paszport, nie jest wymagane zrzeczenie się obywatelstwa innych państw.